Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HORRIFIRED!

So last week at work we had one of our regular clients come in and she was going on about how she just found out that they are living next to a sex offender. It was terrible, I couldn't imagine what that would feel like. Well, we had been slow this week at work so we decided to check our address's and see what came up. I knew there would probably be one or two close to my area since I don't live in the best part of Midvale. Come to find out there are 9 in a half mile radius! Two are really old, two live together down the street, one is a rapist, and one lives RIGHT BEHIND US!!!! I was horrified, I felt so sick to my stomach. We have said the casual hello, they have a little boy of their own Roxy's age, they are constantly having people over with small children, and they have befriended my dog! I am so disgusted, and feel like throwing up whenever I look out my window, pull into the driveway, or when I think about it. We have talked to our kids before about stranger danger, and about their private areas being very special to only them and it's not for anyone else to see or touch, and nobody is allowed to show them their private areas, especially adults and big kids like teenagers. The only people allowed see those special areas are mom and dad, and the doctor but only when mom or dad is in the room. Stranger danger needs to apply to people we know as well, like neighbors! I had to tell the kids that Garrett's daddy behind us is a very bad and dangerous man, he is not allowed to talk to you or hand you anything through the fence, if he does you run away and come get mom or dad. We have never let the kids play outside by themselves, but the danger is still there. When Jay asked why he was dangerous I told him that he hurts little kids in a very bad way. I said they (jay and roxy) are not to talk to him or say anything to him because it might make him mad or upset and it's not good to make bad people mad, so just run away and come get mom or dad. I don't know what else to do I just want scream! Christmas is going to be weird because I have always exchanged a neighbor gift with his wife. I don't even want to now, I just want to be like you husband sickens me don't ever talk to me or my kids again! OMG, What am I going to do. I told my husband we are finishing off the basement this winter and then we should try to sell the house again in the spring/summer. I need a big mean dog that will bite his (the neighbor's) hand off if he sticks it over the fence, I am also considering taking a consealed weapons class. Joe has been trying to get me take one for awhile now, and then get my own hand gun that I know how to use comfortably because if that ass hole tried anything with my kids I wouldn't hesitate to use it on him!!! Everyone just please be aware and teach you kids that not only strangers are dangerous but also people we know can be, and that only certain people can see their private areas and if anyone else try's to look, touch or even show them their private areas that it is not o.k. and they need to tell a trusted adult.

1 comment:

The Lively's said...

That is freaky! Sorry to hear that! You sound like you've done a good job teaching them about strangers.