
The big day! There were 800+ triathletes up at Echo Lake. The water really wasn't cold or maybe I was too nervous to really notice. My wave started 5 minutes before my dad's. Once in the water It was hard to move my arms I think I may have gotten the wrong kind of wet suit. I had to get onto the rescue boat by the time I finally made it to the first bouy and take it off, then continue on to the second which seemed too be getting further and further away from me. I was so tired and the only other swim stroke I knew how to do was doggy paddle so I did. Finally I made it and then it was pretty quick from there to the third and final bouy. All I wanted to do was get out of the water and on the bike! I was not the very last one out of the water but I was in the final 10, So it is on between me and the lake now!

The kids had fun too. There was a craft area set up and they got to make puppets, blow bubbles and make colorful bracelets. They were even given cow bells to ring and cheer the athletes on! They were such good troopers since they had to get up at 5:15 a.m.!

Transition area, only athletes allowed in here. This is were you keep your bike, towel, shoes, helmet, etc. after each event you pass through here and get ready for the next. The goal is to not take too much time in the transition area. I went without socks. Have you ever tried to out socks on wet feet? It's not that easy.

The weather was perfect. It was a little over cast so it wasn't hot which was so nice. The bike was a little hard I am not good at hill climbing on it yet and went slow on those parts of the race, but the rest was pretty easy. The run was on dirt instead of road which was fun, and it's not as hard on your knees.

Here comes my dad. He did AWESOME! He totally beat me. Joe had a hard time getting pictures and couldn't ever see me because of the kids 20 trips to the bathroom. So after a 750 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 5k run I felt pretty good the next day. I was a little tired but not sore at all. I will do this again and I am training for the Daybreak Triathlon on Sept. 19. I am going to try and get some practice swims in at the lake there and see if I can exchange my wet suit.
No comments:
Post a Comment